Osman is the founder and Managing Partner of EMEA Capital.
In Addition, between January 2015 and September 2015, Osman has helped his former colleagues and friends during the start up process of GemCorp, an Asset Management firm investing in Emerging Markets, as COO.
Prior to EMEA Capital, Osman was CEO and Managing Partner of Duet Group, a global alternative asset manager with over USD 5.5 billion in assets, for four years.
Prior to that, Osman spent 16 years at Merrill Lynch in Europe and Asia, where he was a member of Merrill Lynch’s Global Operating Committee. Lately, he was Global Head of Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities, responsible for the firm’s trading and sales activities in fixed income, currencies, commodities, principal investments and real estate globally and President of Global Markets and Investment Banking in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Between 2005 and 2008, he ran Merrill Lynch’s fixed income and equity trading and sales in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Before that, he headed Merrill Lynch’s fixed income and equity trading and sales in Japan, Asia and Australia.
Osman holds a Post-Graduate degree in Management from Marmara University in Istanbul and a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Bogazici University in Istanbul.
Honors and Awards:
– Financial News 2007: Top 100 In European Finance
– Financial News 2006: #1 in Top 100 Rising Stars in European Finance
– The Business Magazine 2006: Top 40 Under 40 in European Business
– Financial News 2006: Banker of the Quarter 3Q’06
– Financial News 2005: #1 Capital Markets Banker
– Euroweek Magazine 2005: Top 110 Rising Stars in European Finance
– TUBITAK High School Mathematics Olympics Central Anatolia #2 Team 1984
– TUBITAK (Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) Scholarship 1982